Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Shame and Consequence

I received an email today that had several pictures of the concentration camps in Germany during WWII. There were hundreds, thousands of dead bodies. The email stated that President Eisenhower ordered that photos be taken because people someday would deny that this ever happened. I am not sure if the executive order on the pictures is an urban legend or not, but no one in their right mind can deny that the holocaust happened. The point of the email was to use vivid imagery to compel people to remember that ‘the only way for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing’. It was a call to make sure that mankind never exterminates mankind.

Unfortunately, this is still happening in our very own country. It’s called abortion.
The shame and the consequence belongs to us for allowing this to continue. The shame and the consequence belongs to our country for giving hearty approval of it. Nazi Germany’s got nothing on our culture when it comes to atrocities.

Lord have mercy.

For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother’s womb.
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.
- Psalm 139:13-16

No comments: