Thursday, September 18, 2008

In His Grip

I have held the hands of my children tight before. When we've been in crowds, or crossing a busy street or in an otherwise dangerous situation. I am not letting go. They are not getting loose. If it were possible for me to lose my grip in those circumstances, the results would be disastrous and I would not be trustworthy.

John chapter 10 says that no one... NO ONE can snatch his children out of God's hands. How secure do you think that makes you when you belong to him? In an interesting passage in Psalm 107, the psalmist says that God has 'redeemed you out of the hand of the adversary'. The adversary has a strong grip. Many people are caught in that grip and held there. But his grip is not nearly as strong as the One who cannot let you go. The believer has been delivered out of the enemy's hands.

Whose hand are you holding? Or rather, whose hand is holding yours?

No comments: