Monday, July 21, 2008

From the Rising of the Sun...


I love clouds, I love the sky. I love sunsets and sunrises. I have tons of photographs of that kind of stuff, none of which really do any justice to the experience of witnessing it first hand.

I camped out this past Friday night in the back yard with my boys. At 5:30am I woke up to this sunrise. I ran inside and grabbed my camera to add to my collection of clouds and sunrises. Every bump on the ground that jabbed me in the back all night, every mosquito bite, every loud cricket - was worth it to get a glimpse of God's handiwork at dawn.

The Psalmist must have enjoyed camping out. He wrote these verses: From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the Lord is to be praised (113:3) and the heavens are declaring the glory of the Lord (19:1).

Amen!

No comments: