Thursday, July 17, 2008

Why I Am Voting for John McCain

A year ago, John McCain was far from my first choice as the republican nominee for president. I can think of other people I'd rather vote for, but the choice is down to McCain and Obama.

There are plenty of conservatives who don't think McCain is conservative enough and so they are either voting for some third party candidate or not voting at all. I know people like that. The results of that backwards kind of thinking are obvious - it will be devastating for the country.

I don't think McCain is the real conservative that we need, but I'd be kidding myself if I didn't think he was the best of the two we have to choose from. I disagree with McCain on many fronts. BUT, I am voting for him and so should you, and let me tell you why.

John McCain loves his country. And he doesn't just SAY it, he has proven it. John McCain is a loyal and courageous man. He doesn't just give speeches about it, he has lived it. In our day of the threat of terrorism, we need a loyal and courageous man in the White House. John McCain is tough. Anyone who spends five-and-a-half years being beaten and kicked around by the North Vietnamese prison guards is tougher than nails. John McCain is a hero. He had the opportunity to come home after a couple years and he said 'no'. He didn't want to give in to the propaganda machine or go home before others who were imprisoned before he was. That is selfless. I want a tough guy - a real man- a hero in the White House. He won't equivocate or vascilate on the toughest issues of our times. I am confident that his heroic experiences in the Vietnam war will come back to serve him well as the President of the United States. That's why I am voting for John McCain. Consider the alternative.

Spend the time to read this lengthy ARCTICLE ON JOHN MCCAIN. It is worth your time to get to know this man.

No comments: