Monday, February 23, 2009

Words

When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable,
But he who restrains his lips is wise. - Proverbs 10:19

He who restrains his words has knowledge,
And he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding. - Proverbs 17:27

Do you see a man who is hasty in his words?
There is more hope for a fool than for him. - Proverbs 29:20

Its tough to control our tongue. In fact, James says that no man can bridle the tongue. Here are some thought provoking questions though that may help us with our words:
1). Do my words serve my own interests?
2). Do my words acknowledge the interests of others?
3). Are my words calculated to make me look good?
4). Do my words magnify Christ?
5). Are my words characterized by grumbling and complaining?
6). Are my words filled with thanksgiving and praise?
7). Are my words going to tear someone down?
8). Are my words going to build someone up?
9). Do my words adjust the truth?
10). Am I speaking the truth in love?

No comments: