Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Real Three-Ring Circus

I took my family to a three-circus today. Not the one in Washington DC - a REAL circus. This one had REAL clowns, not like those fake ones who make our laws and spend our money. And this circus we went to was very entertaining. Quite the stark contrast to the other circus that has a tendency to provoke people to anger and frustration. The juggling act we saw was spectacular. This juggler made the US Treasury Secretary look like an amateur... We even saw a bear - a REAL BEAR riding a motorcycle. He had better driving skills than some of our senators. We saw alot of elephants at the circus today, but no donkeys. I guess all the donkeys must be busy running the country.

We had a great time. What made it even greater was that we had the tickets given to us, free of charge. Hmmm. Maybe those other circus guys running the country do have the right idea. Having fun on someone else's dime is... well, kinda fun. I am part Irish, so I'd like our newest ambassador to Ireland, Dan Rooney, to stimulate my own economy and send me some Steeler tickets. I'm starting to like the handouts...

No comments: