Saturday, August 16, 2008

Meet Mocha

Today my son Jesse became the proud owner of a new pet. Her name is Mocha, and she is a Chestnut Mini-Lop, who happened to win Best of Show in her breed at the local farm show last week.
We were on the receiving end of the generosity of a local business who placed the winning bid for this prize rabbit.
Since we found out the bunny was going to be ours, I spent four evenings building a bunny hutch for Mocha, hammering together two-by-fours and chicken wire. The hutch is well equipped with a small living room with a round entrance; a play area including a ramp to the loft area; an eating area; and of course a stylish purple litter box where she will do... well... you know...
The dog wasn't real happy to find out he just gained a new sister. And no doubt the feelings are mutual for sister. Mocha is a little jumpy in her new environs (I guess I've been a little out of whack too when I've moved to a new home). But she will soon learn that she's in good hands - Jesse will make a great bunny owner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jesse!
Your very own pet...and a beautiful one at that!
I hope I can meet him some day.
Aunt Kathy