Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Answered Prayer

God is still answering prayer.  Sometimes abrupt and immediate.  Yesterday, when my wife and I were clearly going down one road of life, thinking we were following a perceived answer to prayer, we were suddenly re-directed.  The doors were shut, the road was blocked, the path was changed... we were taking a detour.  It was an obvious intervention by God, the controller of all events.  He is not a God who has stepped away from His creation to let it run by itself.  Not at all.  He is actively involved with His people, clear down to the smallest detail.

And what did we learn from this experience?  When we are in prayer - seeking out what God wants for us - and then we somehow discern His will wrongly and head down a road that we really had believed was His will, He will intervene and throw down the roadblock and turn you right around.  That is His protective nature.    The converse of that is also true, at least it has been for me experientially:  that if we are NOT in prayer and NOT seeking what He really wants, then we may end up on the path that we never really wanted to be on... and He may not step in until we've learned the lesson He wanted us to learn.    Well, I think I know which side I want to be on.   Answered prayer like this should and does increase my faith... and makes me all the more eager to continue in prayer.  What other kind of exciting answers await us?!

No comments: