Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Multiplication

May grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure...  grace and peace be multiplied to you.  Those two phrases are found in verse two of chapter one in both books of Peter.   They struck me as interesting this morning as I asked myself 'how do you multiply grace and peace'?  

Remember the kid with the the loaves and fish?   Jesus took a couple loaves of bread and a couple fish and thousands of people ate a meal.  And there were even leftovers.  Now that is 'multiplication'!   If he can do that with bread and fish, could he not also do that with grace and peace?  In fact, we can have grace and peace up to the brim... and maybe even so much that some might spill over.   Wouldn't that be nice if I had so much grace and peace that I shared the surplus with those around me.

No comments: