Thursday, December 11, 2008

An Eternal Investment

This past week my first-grade Sunday School teacher went to heaven. She was 85 years old. Her obituary said she taught Sunday School for 46 years. It also went on to say that she loved the kids as her own. I believe that... I remember sitting around that classroom table in the basement of the church, learning all those Bible stories of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Samson and David. For me, it was 38 years ago but it seemed like yesterday that I was the recipient of her patience, kindness and commitment. Forty-six years she did that, and for countless other little kids. Did June play a role in God's grand scheme to bring me to where I am today? When I get to the other side, I'll be hunting her down to give her a big hug and tell her thanks. Those years of hard work and labor of love for the kids paid off, at least for me. Every ounce of energy she invested into teaching us is, and will be, paying eternal dividends. Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His godly ones...

No comments: