Monday, June 30, 2008

Doing the Unthinkable

Today, I did the unthinkable. About an hour ago, I ate a piece of chicken. I don't know what I was thinking! After months of a vegetarian diet... after months of no stomach aches... after a report on my blood test that said my blood sugar and cholesterol were at almost perfect levels... I caved in to my appetite and ate a piece of fowl chicken against my better judgment and much to my wife's chagrin. It was even organic chicken, but that didn't make it any better...

Not even a half hour later, I felt like someone punched me in the stomach!
One moment of pure joy of that chicken that I had missed all those months was hardly worth the belly ache that I am experiencing, even as I type these words.

I used to think that vegetarians were crackpots. Maybe some of them are. But there is something to be said for not having dead animal meat rotting and decaying in your stomach. I have felt alot better not eating meat. I think I learned my lesson tonight the hard way... its not always the best thing to fulfill your desires for one moment of pleasure.

Someone please pass the carrots...

No comments: