Saturday, June 7, 2008

Stars and Stripes

Today was a big day for me. I was finally able to get my flag pole put up. I never had a flag pole in my yard. Flying an American flag is a necessity! It's like baseball, apple pie and Chevrolet.

This picture is obviously not my particular flag. These American flags fly proudly around the Washington Monument in our nations capital.

The box that my flag pole came in contained a fact sheet about the American flag. Here's a couple of items on that sheet:

The Pledge of Allegiance
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Red: stands for hardiness and courage
White: Is the symbol of purity and innocence
Blue: is the color of vigilance, perseverance and justice.

The flag should only be flown from sunrise to sunset. It should not be displayed at all during stormy or rainy weather, unless for some very special reason.

I love my flag. Alot of people died for that flag.

No comments: