Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day Thoughts

I owe a great debt of gratitude to my dad. Now that I have children of my own, I realize the importance of a dad's influence on his kids.

My dad taught me all the 'guy stuff' that I needed to know - stuff I am teaching my own kids - like how to enjoy nachos at a Pittsburgh Pirate game; how to hammer a nail into a two-by-four; how to operate an electric drill; how to make a jig saw do what you want it to do; how to dig a post hole; how to cut the grass; plant tomatoes; throw a football; how to change the oil in the car and change a tire; how to paint (neatly); how to trim bushes; ... there's a thousand other things - all things I need to pass on to my kids. So that they will pass them on to my grandkids... and their kids... and...

Thanks Dad
Love,
Mark

No comments: