Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fear Not

What are the fears that grip us?  What kind of things paralyze us?  And what is the antidote to those fears?
As we learned this past week in a great Sunday School class conducted by a guest speaker, the answer can be found in Isaiah 41:10 - "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

In this verse we find five pillars of truth regarding fear:
1).  God is with you
2).  God is your God
3).  God will strengthen you
4).  God will help you
5).  God will uphold you

To put it in a more personal way, you could say:

1).  God is with ME!
2).  God is MY God!
3).  God will strengthen ME!
4).  God will help ME!
5).  God will uphold ME!

Is there any more effective way of handling fear?

No comments: