Sunday, December 13, 2009

Merry CHRISSmas??













Merry Chrissmas?!  Who is Chriss?  Are we celebrating Chriss's birthday this year?  Is this some kind of a practical joke?  Is this some subtle attempt at political correctness?

There are any number of websites out there that allow you to upload your own pictures and put them on a greeting card.   They are just simply templates designed by someone hired by the website.  I found what I thought was an attractive design and color that matched what I was looking for in a family Christmas card.

But imagine my horror and embarrassment when I received them in the mail with the word 'Christmas' misspelled!   When I picked the design on the website, the picture was very small and it was tough to see the cursive script, but it appeared to be what I was looking for.   I don't go for 'Happy Holidays' or 'Seasons Greetings', even though those are nice enough to say...  but we say 'Merry Christmas' around here.   And so I picked the artwork you see in the picture above.   My blood boiled and my anger reached a fevered pitch when I opened up my package to see my 'Chrissmas' cards.    If someone doesn't want to use the radical 'Merry Christmas' greeting, then OK, use something else, BUT DON'T CHANGE THE SPELLING OF CHRISTMAS in a subtle manner!   I sent the company a note telling them that they need to either correct the spelling or at least change the design to make it more clear.   And... to any of you who receive our family's card, this blog posting is my disclaimer that this was not my design!
Merry ChrisTmas!
Mark

No comments: