Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Photo Op

I had my picture on the front page of several national newspapers!  

It all started when a quick trip to the mall turned into a photo op with the President and First Lady.   I didn't even know they were supposed to be around here.   An art show was being staged in the middle of the mall and the Secret Service grabbed me by the arm and told me I was going to be in a photo with the President.    Not me!  I didn't want to be in this picture.  No way!  And the First Lady was rather annoyed about me being there as well.  But no one had a choice.   So rather reluctantly, I stood there and played the part - all of us posing for the camera as if it were a candid shot of us all looking and pointing at the hideous artwork hanging on the wall in the mall corridor.   When it was all over my face was plastered all over the internet news sites and on the front of several national newspapers.  I was getting phone calls from everyone ranging from 'congratulations' to 'threats'.   "Why does this have to happen to me", I thought.  

Then I was suddenly jolted out of my sleep by the welcomed alarm clock.   What a dream!  Or should I say, nightmare...

No comments: