Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Looking Forward

Today is the first day of December.  It marks the beginning of my annual month-long reflection on the year that has been.   It also is the time where I look to the coming year by setting a few goals.  I am not one to make New Year's Resolutions, but I don't like to stumble aimlessly into another year either.    I thought a little about what I'd like to accomplish spiritually.  They are subject to change of course, but these are the items that I hope to focus on in 2010...  these will probably show up in some form on this blog from time to time:

1).  An intensive book study of Proverbs.   Continue on with the Charles Bridges commentary.
2).  Memorize the first four chapters of Proverbs.
3).  Create a commentary on various themes from Proverbs.
4).  Study the religion of Islam so I can better understand the challenges that we face as a nation and as Christians.  Having had contact with Muslims in the past leave me with no doubt that I will encounter them again.  It would be nice to be able to know where they're coming from, using that as a springboard for sharing the soul-saving truth with them.
5).  Study a hero of the faith.  Possibly John Calvin or George Whitefield.

No comments: