Monday, April 14, 2008

The First Step


"In every journey, there must be a first step. There must be a change from sitting still to moving forward." This is a quote from a booklet I just finished reading by J.C. Ryle entitled ‘A Call to Prayer’. He makes this statement in regards to those who have real desires for salvation, but there is a principle here that applies to everything after salvation. This includes everything from Bible study to worship and systematic giving; from fervent prayer to solitude and journaling.

This web log is somewhat of a journaling effort, but not necessarily. It is a forum to communicate things that I might not otherwise communicate. It is mostly a means for me to change from ‘sitting still to moving forward’ by posting my thoughts and musings, while at the same time provoking stimulating responses and discussion.

My hope and prayer is that this site will be beneficial to family, friends and anyone else that might stumble upon the site - while at the same time being beneficial to myself and my own immediate family. We might all be encouraged by each other’s respective faiths in the same Lord, Jesus Christ (Romans 1:11-12).

Moving forward,
Mark

No comments: