Monday, April 28, 2008

Prayer Warrior

There's a new prayer warrior in our house. Last night, our two-and-a-half year old little girl prayed for us out loud, for the first time as far as I know, as we said our bedtime prayers together. She thanked God for me. She thanked God for her mommy. She even prayed for 'her future husband'. Out loud. Boldly. Unashamed. Confidently. The enemy is trembling - because victory over him and his corrupting influence is directly connected to communion with God through prayer. I pray that my children learn this truth early in their lives so that they might be spared a life of pain and difficulty.

One of my prayers for my children has always been that they will do great damage to the kingdom of Satan. Our little girl did some damage last night as she 'publically' acknowledged her thankfulness for mom and dad.

"Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving" - Colossians 4:2

No comments: