Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Our Response to God’s Law

We are not under the Law but under grace, right? But if God had a purpose for giving the Law, then we certainly should have some response to it, shouldn't we? What is our response?

1). Learn It - Deuteronomy 5:1 – Hear, O Israel, the statutes and the ordinances which I am speaking today in your hearing, that you may learn them and observe them carefully.

Psalm 119:73 - Your hands made me and fashioned me;
Give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments.

2). Obey It - Obedience results in BLESSING; Obedience results in WISDOM; Obedience results in LIFE
Deuteronomy 5:31-33 – But as for you, stand here by Me, that I may speak to you all the commandments and the statutes and the judgments which you shall teach them, that they may observe them in the land which I give them to possess. So you shall observe to do just as the LORD your God has commanded you; you shall not turn aside to the right or to the left. You shall walk in all the way which the LORD your God has commanded you, that you may live and that it may be well with you, and that you may prolong your days in the land which you will possess.

Joshua 1:8 - Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Deuteronomy 4:5-6 - See, I have taught you statutes and judgments just as the LORD my God commanded me, that you should do thus in the land where you are entering to possess it. So keep and do them, for that is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the peoples who will hear all these statutes and say, ‘Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

Deuteronomy 32:46-47a - Take to your heart all the words with which I am warning you today, which you shall command your sons to observe carefully, even all the words of this law. For it is not an idle word for you; indeed it is your life.

3). Love It - Psalm 119:97 - O how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day.

4). Teach It - Deuteronomy 4:6-7 - These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.

No comments: